Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Soap Box

Ok - before moving into January - and the next Party - let me jump up on a soap box.

See - At this point, I'm open to meeting people from anywhere, and I participate in some of the online things. Which, for the most part has gone well, but I just havent pursued anything from these sources.

Now - if I do pursue from these sources, I expect that the profile to be close and the pictures accurate. I was having good luck with this up until late decemeber.

So - I get a message from this girl online. She send emails, she sends pictures... I show them to my friends. They all agree that the girl is cute. So this girl persists and finally pushes the threashold and wants to meet. Only problem is, she wants to meet on New Years Eve - in the afternoon. Well, we are planning another Party - for New Years - and I tell her, we'll see.

All day long, i get texts, I get calls - lets meet, lets meet. So finally I say no - that we are running behind in setting up for the party. She still persists! So finally I relent and say fine - why dont you come to the party for a quick drink, we'll meet - then you get out to go to your party...

Big Mistake.

Big is right. What the hell. She shows up at the door - and while the pictures she sent were definitely her, they weren't of her + 40 lbs... yikes! This is the first time i got burned on an online meetup. It will probably also be the last... I'll make sure the demand better, larger pictures next time...

In the interest of preserving the online dating community - I sent her a tidy little follow-up email. It wasnt really rude, per se, but I definitely pointed out the fact that she purposely mislead me with tiny and grainy pictures and if she wanted to be more successful in meeting people that she needed to be honest with herself and with everyone else - and post some recent newer pictures.

Enough of that.
*********Posted by Ghostrider**********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home